Asian Handicap betting explained as its name indicates comes from Asia by bookies who provide a better chance to win than normal fixed odd betting.
The reputation of this form of betting which has started in Asia has expanded to the West, particularly in the UK, with many online bookmakers providing this type of betting.
Asian Handicaps versus Fixed Odds betting
With Asian Handicap Betting Explained (so-called Hang Cheng), it removes the possibility of a draw outcome. The perceived weaker team will gain a handicap from the bookies to balance the odds so that is an equal probability for each team to gain the soccer tips. There will be only two results for the bet, “home win” or “away win”. The term “Handicap” indicates that a perceived weaker team has gained a virtual head start, lead the game with ¼ goal, ½ goal, ¾ goal, 1 goal, 1 ¼ goal, etc. There are maybe some puzzling terms, for examples half-handicap (1/2 goal), and quarter handicap (1/4 goal). They are demonstrated completely in this article.
Advantages of Asian Handicap
– You remove the possibility of a draw outcome, improving your main winning chances from 33.3% to 50% in a single game.
– Depend on the handicap you can win your bet even if the team you bet on do not win the game.
– You can bet on a team you think will lose the game, but due to a big handicap you can still win the bet. Typical here is when the favorite team gains winnings the game with only one score.
– When following the match ‘live’, tension is high because a single goal can take you from losing to winning (or the other way around).
– If you make multiple bets (accumulator), the number of potential results is much less than in fixed odds (home/draw/away bets. Examples are a treble bet, where all three selections must be correct). The number of results is 2 x 2 x 2 = 8. With fixed odds betting the number of results is 3 x 3 x 3 = 27.
Advantages of Fixed Odds
– A very high number of bookmakers to pick up from.
– Bankers. It is possible to bet on “sure” games, which may be suitable for an accumulator.
– Bigger odds on outsiders (underdogs).
– Easy to find value bets. You only need home-draw-away estimations, in Asian Handicap betting it is requested that you can predict exact outcomes.
Asian Handicap betting Explained
The table below shows how Asian Handicaps operates. It may seem complex at first glance, but it is in fact very easy to understand.
The table displays your winnings for given outcomes at a given handicap. There are basically 4 scenarios. No handicap given, a quarter-handicap (¼,¾,1¼, so on) given, half-handicaps( ½ ,1½,etc) given or full-handicap (1, 2,etc) given. Examples are given below.
Example Asian Handicap betting Explained
1) Example 1. No Handicap offered => 0:0 Handicap
In a 0:0 handicap you will obtain your money back if the game ends in a draw (0-0, 1-1,2-2, etc.)
Let’s say you make a bet of $100 on Arsenal to be the winner. If Arsenal wins the game, whatever the score is, you get $190. If Arsenal and Man. United draw, ‘push’ situation happens and you take back your $100. If Man. United wins the game, you will lose your bet of $100.
2) Example 2. A Quarter Handicap given
Case (i) 0:1/4 handicap
When a perceived weaker team obtained a 1/4 goal start, you either lose 50 % or win 50% if the game ends in a draw. A 1/4 handicap is in fact 2 handicaps, one of 0:0, and one of 0:1/2.
Asian handicap betting Explained – Let’s say you bet $100 on Arsenal to win. If Arsenal wins the game, no matter what the score is, you win $205. If the game finished in a draw, you lost half of your bet and gain back only $50. If Man. United wins the game, you will lose your bet of $100.
Case (ii) 0:3/4 handicap.
If you make bet on a team with a ¾ goal start, you will lose 50 % if your team loses by 1 goal. For all other outcomes you win 100% or lose 100% according to which team you backed with your bet. A draw (and thereby a “push” situation) is possible.
Let’s say you bet $100 on Arsenal to win. If Arsenal wins the game by a goal, you win half of your bet at $180. If Arsenal wins by more than a score, you win $260. If the game finished in a draw or Man. United wins, you suffer a loss of your bet of $100.
3) Example 3. Half Handicap given => 0:1/2 Handicap.
When a perceived weaker team obtain a 1/2 goal start, you lose 100% or win 100%. A draw (and thereby a “push” situation) is not possible.
Let’s say you bet $100 on Arsenal to be the winner. If Arsenal wins, no matter the score is, you win $235. If the game ended in a draw or Man United wins, you will lose $100.
Example 4. Full handicap given => 0:1 handicap
When a perceived weaker team achieved a 1 goal start, you can lose 100%, win 100% or draw (and thereby a “push” situation).
Let’s say you bet $100 on Arsenal to be the winner. If Arsenal wins the game by a goal, ‘push’ situation happens. There will be nobody wins the bet. If Arsenal wins by two goals or more, you win $275. If the game ended in a draw or Man. United wins, you will lose $100.
The same analogy is used to analyze games with handicaps of (0:1 ¼, 0:1 ½, 0:2, so on) according to the table above.